Running out of ideas to amuse the kids? Here is your resource for fabulous projects and activities for kids (and parents) to help them learn through creativity.
- Ever hear of Capitan Underpants or Dogman? Author Dav Pilkey is hosting a weekly activity that includes videos, reading, art and much more!
- Author and illustrator, Grace Lin is posting drawing tutorials and readings from her books:
- Mo Willems, creator of the lovable characters The Pigeon, Elephant and Piggie and Knuffle Bunny, welcomes kids to his studio every day with, LUNCH DOODLES! Don’t forget your paper and pencil!
- Have fun drawing with the creator of the graphic novel character, the Lunch Lady. Jarret, who likes to be called jjk by his friends (that means you!) posts drawing tutorials everyday! Suitable for ALL ages.
- Debbie Ridpath Ohi has a YouTube channel overflowing with read-alouds, drawing tutorials, DIY book jacket tutorial and MORE! No shortage of activities and creativity here!
- Illustrator, Wendy MacNaughton, presents a live drawing class every day on Instagram at 1:00pm. If you can’t attend the class, the videos are then uploaded to YouTube.
Check out these links for craft projects for kids, most with ready supplies:
And I’ll leave you with this YouTube tutorial on how to make play dough, the easy way!