NOTE: Montauk Library processes DS-11 Passport Applications only
WHAT YOU NEED FOR APPLICATIONS
A DS-11 APPLICATION
- Do not sign the application until the agent instructs you to do so.
- This form can be completed online, printed from travel.state.gov, or we have forms available to fill out in person.
- If filling out by hand, print legibly and use only BLACK INK.
For children under 16 years of age:
Go to travel.state.gov for a full list of requirements.
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (one of the following with a copy)
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy
- Previous U.S. Passport (issued within 15 years)
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
PROOF OF IDENTITY (one of the following with a copy)
- Valid New York driver’s license or State of NY ID. (Non-NY residents must bring a valid driver’s license and a Department of State’s approved secondary identification.)
A 2×2 inch photograph taken in the last 6 months is required.
The picture should be of the full face with a plain white or off-white background. Montauk Library offers a Passport photo service for an additional $10 fee.
PAYMENT (See Passport Fees tables for details)
Two separate payments are required for a passport.
- Application fee: payable to the Department of State with check or money order.
- Acceptance fee: payable to Montauk Library with check or money order.
Most renewals can be done by mail. Please visit Renew My Passport by Mail page to see if you qualify to use the service.
Renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must apply in person using form DS-11.Service by Appointment ONLY
We are available by appointment to process applications
Call us at 631-668-3377 and ask for Adult Reference.
You must apply in person if ANY of the following are true:
- You have never been issued a U.S. passport
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued
- Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen
- Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change